Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Measurements

I took my measurements today and they are as follows:

Bust - 39 inches
Waist - 33 inches
Hips - 40 inches
Thigh - 24 inches
Calf - 16 inches



These are the main parts of my body that I am concerned with toning. I am not really concerned with my arms because I naturally have a muscular build and I don't work on toning my arms because I easily show muscle definition. Here is a picture below from 2010, I was approximately 145lbs and I was doing mainly cardio to lose/maintain weight. I was doing absolutely no strength training on my upper body and you can see how muscular I am...it is all natural.

 
 
The way I am built used to bother me. I used to want a more feminine build but I have come to realize that God gives you one body, one face, one shape, etc. You can tweak it here and there to get your desired look, but for the most part, what you are born with is what you are going to have. For example, my hips will always be slightly more narrow than my shoulders...no exercise will change that. I've learned that you can focus your energy on complaining about the things God gave you that you cannot change or you can focus your energy on more positive and productive thoughts. At this point in my life, I am satisfied with who I am physically. Losing weight enhances who I am but it is not changing who I am (if that makes sense). It is not plastic surgery, it is just a slimmer me.
 
Now back to the main topic which was about measurements. My goal is to decrease my waist measurement to 28 inches. I know, that is alot of inches to lose but I have been 28 inches before, even after going through pregnancy. My chest measurement is fine and I am sure it will shrink some as I lose more weight and I am fine with that. I would love to keep my hip measurement at 40 inches and if I could increase it to 41 or 42 inches (through adding more muscle to my bottom), that would be ideal. But just like my bust, I know that if I lose another 20 pounds, my hip measurement is bound to decrease so I will do the glute exercises I posted about earlier this month and go from there. Also, I have big thick legs. If I can takes a few inches off my thighs and calves, I would be happy.
 
So there you have it. I think a month is sufficient time to do an update on measurements to see if anything has changed. So I'll be back towards the end of October with updated measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment