Sunday, September 2, 2012

I Love a Good Updo

Yesterday was Saturday and I will normally wash my hair on Saturdays so I took down the style I have been wearing for the past week and deep conditioned on dry hair. I put the conditioner on and let it stay in my hair with a plastic cap for a long time while I did things around the house, maybe three hours. I used Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Hair Masque. I love this product.


Then I washed it out and did a co-wash. I am trying to use up some of the conditioner I have because I have lots of them in different brands from the days when I was trying everything in sight to see what works for my hair. I co-washed with the Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted conditioner in purple bottle (see pic below) but for some reason my hair just was not feeling as silkly soft and I am used to after a deep condition. Don't know if it was the Herbal Essences or not but I am not feeling that conditioner right now.


Since I relaxed my hair, I have not wanted to be bothered with it. So after wearing it down a few times the first few days after my relaxer, I have been wearing alot of updos. I take the updo down mid-week to comb out shedded hair, moisturize and then I will put it back up. What I have noticed is that I am shedding ALOT. I don't know if it is a reaction to the weightloss my body is experiencing, or do to change of seasons, but it is annoying me. I truly hate shedding even though it is a natural process your hair goes through. In my mind, it is like why put all this time and energy into growing and taking hair of your hair when you are just going to be losing strands and strands everyday. Silly I know, but I need my strands to stay in my head, lol.

So I put my hair back into an updo that I will probably wear until next Saturday and take it down to wash and condition it. I ordered some wigs so I am excited to try them out when they come. Here are the pictures of the style I did yesterday. This was simply a wavy ponytail that I had in a box in my closet. I put the ponytail on, pinned it up in a bun, left a few tendrils hanging down to frame my face.






I created some interest in the front on the top of my head like I normally do by simply rolling and pinning my hair. Sorry, it is kind of cut off in the picture where you cannot see it well. I think it looks pretty and the best part is, I don't have to comb my hair everyday.


I'll be back tomorrow with a weightloss update. The weightloss has really started to show on my frame and I am excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment