Sunday, September 16, 2012

Candles

I am a lover of candles. For me, when my house is clean, the finishing touch is to light candles to have a lovely aroma floating around the clean house. During the summer, I bought four Bath and Body works candles that were in summer scents. Two of the candles I really really loved. Those two were Tiki Beach and White Palm. These two candles smell similar but a little different. I would light them at the same time because the two scents blend together so well. Here are the descriptions on the bottom of the candles:


Tiki Beach: Warm as coconut groves and white sand beaches, a delicious blend of toasted coconut, vanilla musk, and tropical island orchids.


White Palm: Like a warm Caribbean breeze, refreshing white palm leaves and dewy greens combine perfectly with sweet peach blossoms.
 

 
So the candles are regularly priced at $19.50 but every so often they go on sale for 2 for $20. I always wait until they go on sale because they go on sale frequently and I am not going to pay $20 for a candle when I can get the very same candle for half price. I definitely think the three wick Bath and Body works candles are worth the $10 because they last a very long time (and I burn my candles for hours at a time each day).

So today I went to bath and body works to smell the Fall scented candles and I must admit, I was not impressed. They had a lot of candles that smell like pumpkin, spice, cupcakes, frosting, nutmeg, caramel and things like that. I like the way the house smells when you are baking but I don't like that sugary sweet smell in a candle. I like my candles to be a bit more crisp and fresh rather than sweet and sugary. The only exception to this is one candle that I have loved for years (that I did not see in stores today) which is the Warm Vanilla Sugar. I like this one in the wintertime when it is cold outside.

Today, I ended up buying the candles Cotton and Lavender Vanilla. They are not really Fall scents but they are the fresh clean scents that I like. I did notice that Bath and Body Works has two different kinds of candles now, Slatkin & Co. that I have seen previously, and White Barn which I believe is new. I have the cotton candle lit right now and I must admit, I don't know if it is the particular smell I chose or if it's White Barn candles but the aroma is not as near a strong as the Slatkin & Co. candles I have had in the past. A little disappointing. I am going to try the Lavender Vanilla and if it is the same type of weak smelling candle, I won't be buying White Barn candles anymore from Bath and Body Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment