Friday, March 29, 2013

Maintaining My Weight Loss Long Term

As I approach the 40 lbs lost mark, I am giving some heavy thought as to how I am going to maintain this weight loss and keep it off permanently. This is not the first time I have lost a significant amount of weight. This is the third time. The first and second time, once I reached my goal weight, I stopped doing all the things I had been doing to lose weight and went back to my old habits. Of course, the weight gradually came back. This time I know better. I know I have to make some permanent lifestyle changes.

So this is my plan, I will tweak it as needed: 

1. Exercise 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes (goal is 45-60 mins)

2. Keep caloric intake to 2000 calories per day

3. Limit beverages to only water

4. Drink at least 70 ounces of water a day (140 lbs/2 = 70 ounces of water)

5. Weigh myself once a week on the same day to track possible weight gain

6. If weight fluctuates outside of the 135-140 lbs range, make adjustments as necessary

7. If weight increases beyond 140lbs, reduce caloric intake to 1200 calories per day and increase exercise in order to drop back into 135-140 range

8. Stay positive

No comments:

Post a Comment