Monday, April 1, 2013

Mindlessly Following Trends

I may ruffle a few feathers with this post but please know that anything I write it not meant to make someone feel convicted but rather just to express and different point of view in love and in the hopes that we are viewing the world with "open" eyes. This is not to say that I am right about everything but I know what I feel in my heart and I compelled to express that.


The first time I ever saw stilletto nails was in Rhianna's video Russian Roullette. The first thought that popped into my head was "Wow, she has claws." That thought has never changed. As the pointy tip, animalistic, witchlike nails have become more and more popular, I started to wonder am I just too old-fashioned or possibly not "hip" enough to embrace this new trend. It's not that. It is not that at all.

I noticed that Beyonce and Lady Gaga and lots of other celebrities were really into these stilletto nails. Fans and people who mindlessly follow everything celebrities do, say, wear, or think are quick to mimic the things that see on the internet and television. This is all I want to say with this post, PLEASE be careful with who you look up to, who you decide to mimic, who you decide to copy. If it does not feel good or right in your heart, that is because it is probably not. You know if a person is singing and promoting the things that speak goodness and truth. You also know if they are singing and promoting things that are opposite of Christian beliefs. I know everyone is not Christian, but I am, and I can only speak from that point of view.

When you say I want this celebrity's hairstyle, or my nails the way this celebrity wore it, or I want an outfit similar to what I saw this celebrity wearing, just know that it is not that simple. Do you really want to align yourself with that person and their agenda? It is more than just nails.

 
 
One more trend I must quickly mention is the scull trend. It is popular and trendy to wear scull scarves, jewelry, clothing, etc. But really, what are sculls associated with? I associate them with death. So how has death become a fashion statement?
 



God Bless You All,
Ebonee

No comments:

Post a Comment