Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 3 Recap on Weight Watchers

So I went to Kansas City, Missouri this weekend with my fiancé and youngest daughter. We had a blast. We were visiting some of my fiancé’s old friends and they were really nice and funny people. We drove out on Friday night and took all day Monday driving back. It was a 13-hour trip each way. There was beautiful scenery throughout Oklahoma and Kansas so although the drive was long, it was not unbearable.

So taking a trip out of town is not the best way to end a week on Weight Watchers. Monday thru Friday was great. I worked out on each of those days, stuck with my daily points allowance and was on track to lose 2-3 pounds this week. Then I travelled Friday night and all that changed. We drove from 11pm Friday night until noon on Saturday. So around 12:30am I was sooo hungry, normally at this time I would be sleeping and hunger would not bother me too much but since I was in the car, I could not sleep very well, and my hunger really started to bother me. Knowing that I would probably not be able to stick to the WW plan on the trip, I asked my fiancé to stop and McDonald’s and I ate a fish sandwich meal. Not good.

Then we get to Missouri and our friends were very hospitable so they cooked on Saturday twice for us, lunch and dinner. The wife made our plates and placed them on the table for us. The food was delicious…wonderful Ghanaian cuisine but the portion sizes were huge. I am not exaggerating in saying that the amount I eat all day, all three meals combined, was probably the amount of food that was on my plate for one meal. I struggled to finish it all. I did not want to be rude by wasting the food, nor did I want it to seem as if I did not like the food, it was just a lot food. I ate it all. Sunday, I ate breakfast at the hotel, went to a Chinese buffet for lunch and ate another large cooked meal for dinner. Monday was spend on the road driving all day long so we made stops at fast food restaurants to eat.

This weekend did major damage to my weight loss progress. I know it cannot be actual weight gain, or maybe it is…

Results
Week 1, Monday 7/30 -- I weighed in at 172.2 lbs.
Week 2, Monday 8/6 -- I weighed in at 170.8 lbs.
Week 3, Monday 8/13 -- I weighed in at 167.8 lbs
Week 4, Monday 8/20 --  I weighed in at 170.6 lbs

Total weight lost so far: 1.6 lbs

So this is currently Week 4. I will keep going, I won’t let this setback halt my efforts to get down to my goal weight. It is definitely discouraging but it is not totally unexpected, I knew what I was getting myself into this weekend. This week on WW has already started out wrong. I already told you how yesterday (Monday) went and today is no better. I have not tracked any points for yesterday or today. I did not get a chance to workout yesterday, can’t workout today or tomorrow, so if I lose any weight this week, it will be a blessing because it definitely will not be because of my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment