Friday, July 29, 2011

To Dye or Not to Dye

I used to dye my hair all the time. I have tried colors ranging from a dark auburn color to jet black. I always find myself loving my color the most when it is jet black but dying your hair black is a commitment because that particular hair color is difficult to lift if you want to go back lighter. I haven't dyed my hair in about three years. Right now, my hair is fully its natural color which is a brownish black with a few reddish highlights in the sun. I bought a ponytail in the color 1 online thinking it would match my hair, but when I got it in the mail, my hair turned out to be noticeably lighter than the ponytail.

Anyway, I don't like my natural color because it tends to look dull compared to what it looks like when my hair is dyed jet black. So I bought the haircolor at Wal-Mart about a month ago and have been afraid to actually use it because I don't want to damage my hair. My hair is not 100% healthy right now and I don't want to put color on top of damaged hair because as you probably already know, that equals more damage.

So for now I made the decision not to dye...at least until my hair is healthier and I will probably wait until right before I am due to get a trim so after I dye it, the trim can remove any frazzled and damaged ends. I'll keep you posted...


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment