Sunday, July 31, 2011

Skincare Routine

Although this blog is mainly about haircare, I thoughts I could throw a few beauty posts in here and there :)

My nighttime routine starts off with the Philosophy Purity cleanser because this is by far the best thing I have tried for removing make-up. My make-up melts away with this cleanser. No harsh scrubbing necessary. Eye make-up and mascara is off in a matter of seconds. (In the mornings, I skip this step because there is no make-up to remove.)




Next depends on whether my face needs exfoliating or not. I will use the Biore pore unclogging scrub if I need exfoliating. I like this scrub because the exfoliating beads are round without jagged edges so it gently exfoliates. I have tried other exfoliaters with beads that were not rounded and have ended up with noticeable scratches on my face (i.e. St. Ive's)....not cool at all.  If I do not need exfoliating, I will use the Biore ice cleanser. It leaves your face with this cool feeling, hence the name. I like it but I do believe it's one of those products that not everyone will be crazy about.

Both of these products contain 2.0% Salicylic Acid which helps me control my acne breakouts.

                                    
Next I always use a toner. My face just doesn't feel quite right if I don't follow up with a toner....maybe because I am so used to using it. The toner I use is by Biore (if you cannot tell already, I really like Biore products). I will put the toner on a cotton round and wipe my entire face and neck once with it. I used to wipe my face several times with the toner soaked cotton round but noticed it was causing excessive drying and sensitivity of my skin.  I have also learned when using toner to steer clear from the delicate tissues around the corners of my mouth and eyes due to a bad experience with burning and peeling in those areas. I am sure it is not due to this particular toner, just due to the fact that the alcohol in any toner may be too harsh for those areas. This toner also contains 2.0% Salicylic Acid.


The last step I will do is to moisturize. In the mornings, I will use a moisturizer with SPF to protect my face from the sun when I go out during the day. The one I am currently using and loving is Neutrogena Visibly Even with SPF 30.  I love it because it is light, protects against UVA and UVB rays, and because it evens out your skin tone and reduces discolorations.


   
At night, I will use Oil of Olay age defying intensive nourishing night cream. I like this stuff a lot! It contains Salicylic Acid which, like I've mentioned, is good for treating and preventing acne. The cream is not heavy but it hydrates the skin very well. I actually really like the smell of it, too.

That's it for my skincare routine. I think it is pretty simple. It keeps my face clear majority of the time. I have tried all sorts of face products and this combination of products has worked best for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment