Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weight Loss Plateau



I have reached a weight loss plateau. It is so frustrating!!! The Monday before last I weighed in at 158.8. I was very excited…the scale was moving in the right direction. This gave me the motivation to move full speed ahead. This past Monday, Feb 4th I weighed in at 159.4.  Yes, a slight gain but pretty much the same. Last week I exercised hard, even twice a day on a couple of days that week. I stuck to my allotted calories. I did not cheat. I did not eat anything bad. I was expecting to have a great weigh-in on Monday, at least dropping three pounds because I even felt lighter and my clothes seem to fit better. Come to find out, I did not lose not a single thing.

I weighed myself in the same spot in my bathroom, same scale, same everything, just to make sure I am not skewing the numbers one way or another. So I cannot explain why if I had an excellent week, the numbers on the scale did not drop. I am sure I am not building muscle because all I am doing is cardio. I have not incorporated any weightlifting or resistance training. I just don’t know and it is super frustrating cause I feel like why am I working so hard if I am not getting results. Why am I eating what I feel is equivalent to bird food if I am not going to lose weight. I can just eat my pizza, hamburgers and pasta if I am not going to lose weight cutting back calories and leave the bird food for the birds.

With that being said, I am frustrated but I am not giving up. I will continue with what I am doing. If I weigh-in next Monday and still am not showing weight loss, I might have to rethink some things as far as exercise and diet because I must not be doing something right. Maybe not eating enough? I am not sure. I don't even know if this can be considered a true weight loss plateau because I have been around the same weight the past two weeks. I am thinking plateau because I need to see results each and every week.

Talk to you all again soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment