Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rosemary Oil to the Rescue

I feel like, at least for now, my shedding is under control. (Sigh of relief, lol.) So this is what I did.

It was wash day so I decided to due a protein treatment but a little differently than I normally do. I used ApHogee 2 min reconstructor on dry hair. This is my favorite protein product. I absolutely love the results it gives my hair. I slathered it on then I put a plastic cap over my hair. I used my heating cap for 10 mins to allow the treatment to really penetrate my strands. I know it's a "two minute" treatment but I have left this stuff on my hair for longer periods of time many occassions and have never experienced a negative reaction, although I do not recommend anyone else doing this unless they are very familiar with how their hair reacts to protein.


After I rinsed out the ApHogee, I co-washed with Suave Humectant Conditioner. Then I mixed the same conditioner with a small bit of coconut oil and applied it to my hair. I covered it with a plastic cap and used the heating cap for 30 mins to balance the protein previously used with moisture.  I rinsed it out with the coldest water I could get from the faucet. My hair felt amazing and so incredibly soft and strong. I gently squeezed out as much water as possible then sprayed my hair with the ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructor. I used Giovanni Weightless Leave-In and let my hair air dry. I never seal with an oil before my hair is dry because once it is completely dry, I always remoisturize then seal. Once my hair was dry I used shea butter and sealed with Hot Six Oil.

Now the next step is what I believe has actually gotten my shedding under control. I went from shedding a handful of hair morning and night to now only shedding my normal 5-10 strands. I mixed coconut oil with rosemary oil. I used about 4 drops of rosemary oil in about 2 TSP of coconut oil. I dipped my fingers into  the mixture and massaged my scalp for about 20 mins. Every day since wash day I have massaged my scalp with coconut & rosemary oil. I had already decided to do scalp massages three times a week, but to combat this shedding I will be doing it daily with rosemary oil.

Rosemary oil is known to combat hair fall. (Two other things that combat shedding are garlic and black tea rinses, I willl touch on those at another time.) I think the rosemary oil is working in my case. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment