Thursday, May 17, 2012

Air Drying with Healthy Ends

When I had damaged hair with tons of split ends, air drying my hair was horrible. My hair always dried rough, slightly tangled at the ends, and a bit frizzy. Because of this, I would blow dry my hair most of the time, which is just a cycle of damage because although blow-drying would give my hair a smooth appearance, doing it every wash was just adding to the existing damage.

Last night, I deep conditioned on dry hair for about 45 minutes with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and a heating cap. I got in the shower and rinsed out the deep conditioner and did a co-wash with Giovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner, and afterwards, I detangled my hair under cold running water. When I got out of the shower, I put a leave-in conditioner (Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk) in my hair, sealed it with Chi Silk Infusion, and tied it up with a satin scarf letting the back hang out of the scarf to air dry while I am sleep. I went to bed and woke up the next day to soft, slightly curly/wavy hair, that felt moisturized and conditioned. I normally never have this type of result when I air dry but I contribute that to the fact that my ends are now healthy.

This morning, I just clipped my hair up and went to work….no styling, combing or brushing, just a little added moisturizer to ensure my hair stays moisturized all day. By November/December time frame, my hair will have grown back to the length it was previously before the cuts and hopefully it will still be as healthy as it is now. Wish me luck on this never ending hair journey, lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment