Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Operation Grow My Hair: Restarting My Hair Journey

So right now my hair is slapped is this ugly lopsided bun on the top of my head. My hair is extremely dry and I probably could not get a comb through it if I wanted to. Needless to say I have been neglecting my hair. I want to do better and I AM going to better. I will wash and deep condition my hair probably Wednesday. Then, since I am hosting a housewarming party this Saturday and don’t want to be bothered with styling my real hair, I will go to the beauty supply store and get a phony pony and hook that up. I have an idea for a style that I am going to call the basket weave ponytail. I will be sure to record it and post it on my YouTube channel. After I have worn that style for about a week or so, I am going to start what I will call “Operation Grow My Hair: Restarting My Hair Journey.”
 
I am still trying to figure out if this new hair journey will be natural or relaxed. In my opinion, natural hair is so much easier to grow. Not easier to maintain, style, wash, detangle, and all that but easier to grow because the hair bonds have not be broken down by chemicals, they hair is in its natural state so a bit stronger than relaxed hair. Relaxed hair is more fragile because it is already “damaged” to some extent by the chemicals. Oh decisions, decisions. You all are probably like make a decision already, are you going to stay relaxed or go natural! I know, I am feeling like that, too!

Talk to you all soon,
Ebonee

No comments:

Post a Comment