Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Working It Out



Man, I have been really working hard in the gym. Mainly cardio but it feels great! I am so blessed to work for a company that has several onsite gyms so on my lunch break, which is an hour, I go to my closest gym and get on the elliptical machine for about 45 mins. Dr. Phil keeps me company during my workout that I purposely schedule from 3-4pm everyday. Before this past week, I would put the resistance on the elliptical machine at a level 4 or level 5. I would get a fairly decent workout, but no sweat and no sore muscles…just calories burned. So last week I decided to crank the resistance up to a level 10. It was a bit tougher than what I’m used to but very doable. Got some sweat and burned more calories than normal. This week so far, I have put the resistance at a level 12. Even more sweat and more calories burned (per the elliptical machine reading) and my thighs and bum are sore. I think I will stick at a resistance of twelve for now because it makes me feel like I really worked out when I leave the gym. I am not even sure how high the resistance level goes. I’ll eventually find out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment