Friday, December 7, 2012

Being Exceptional at the Ordinary Things

I always wonder what is my full potential. I know I am not living up to my full potential and I definitely want to. I wonder if trying to live up to my full potential will cause me to drive myself crazy. You know what can happen if you are always trying to make sure you do everything perfectly. But really, when you think about it, it is not about doing everything perfectly. It is just about doing your best and you know when you have not done your best, when you have given less than your best because of various reasons. Some of my reasons for doing so are simple and straightforward. Maybe I feel lazy at the time, or maybe I feel like it does not matter because no one is checking behind my efforts, or maybe I feel as if someone else will do it so I don’t have to.

So I have been thinking, what if I tried to be exceptional at the ordinary things. What if I start thinking of life as a marathon, and even though I am tired, I keep pushing and keep pushing until the end. Yes, I know the end if far off from today and I know you can burn yourself out, but I think I will be able to tell the difference between the times when I have more in me to keep pushing and when don’t have anything left at all to give.

Being exceptional at the ordinary things....I think I am going to make that my motto for 2013. I truly believe it is the little things that count, the little things that bless my family, and the little things that are easier to overlook. What happens if I try to be exceptional at those little things? I think it will naturally and organically lead to greatness in the more substantial things we do in life. I would love to know your thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment