Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Current Hair Thoughts

So it’s been about a week since relaxing my hair. This week I have slacked on my moisturizing and sealing but I am about to get back on track. I have to maintain my ends so I won’t have to continue to trim, trim, trim. I will probably wash my hair tomorrow. Since this is the first wash after my relaxer I will be using a chelating shampoo to rid my hair of some of the minerals that the no-lye relaxer leaves on the hair shaft. The minerals can impede moisture from properly penetrating the hair shaft leading to dryness and breakage so it’s important for those who use a no-lye relaxer (like I do) to using a chelating shampoo. I will also do a protein deep conditioning because we all know relaxed hair needs protein.

For some reason, I do not like the first few weeks of my stretch. I feel like I am back at square one, like I have been stretching week after week after week, just to be back at the beginning of another stretch with months to go until I can relax again. Also, during the first two or three weeks of my stretch my hair feels very flat to my scalp. Obviously, it is because my previously curly, kinky new growth is now straight, but I don’t like it. It takes away the volume at my roots that can make almost any style look better. Anyway, those are just my current thoughts. I’ll check-in with you all again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment