Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weight Loss (or lack therof) Update!



It is October 31st and the TRICK is on me! Well, I tricked myself into believing that I could slack on eating right and going extra hard on my workouts and still lose weight. If you remember, I wanted to reach my goal weight of 136 lbs by November 12. Well, that isn't going to happen. Since getting off Weight Watchers, I have slid back into my old eating habits. I think the only thing that is keeping me from gaining too much weight is the fact that I still work out 5 days a week most weeks, although the workout I do could be more intense.

My final weigh-in on Weight Watchers on September 24 I weighed 155.4.  A little over a month later (today), I weighed in at 158.6. So, it has been about a three pound gain in a month. If I continue this over the next few months, I will be creeping back up to the weight I was when I started. That is what I want to prevent. That is what I am afraid of and that is something I will not accept.

I think weighing myself weekly is so important because it keeps me aware of where I am and I will notice if the weight is starting to come back. I really think that maintaining my weight is something that I am always going to have to conciously work at. Because of that, I have to make lifestyle changes. Programs like WeightWatchers are excellent for giving you that jumpstart you need, but to maintain the weight loss after the program is over, you have to make lifestyle changes...changes to diet and exercise that are not only temporary.

I took my measurements on September 25th and wanted to wait about a month to take updated measurements. Unfortunately, over this past month I have not been working on toning and losing inches so I will have to postpone taking updated measurements because they are probably about the same.

That is about it. Just wanted to update you all with where I am on this weight loss journey. I want to seriously get back into losing weight again soon but I am hesitant with the holidays coming up, specifically Thanksgiving. With the holidays come food and sweets at work, at home, at parties and at friend’s houses. Always something readily available to sabotage my efforts. I’ll keep at it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment