Thursday, October 27, 2011

Relaxer Day is Approaching

I will be 12 weeks post relaxer tomorrow so I am planning on relaxing my hair this weekend. I have a trip to Michigan scheduled for next week so I would like to wear my hair down in different styles and they would look best with a fresh relaxer. If it weren’t for my trip, I would continue to stretch because stretching has been a breeze this time around.

So last night I had the urge to cut my hair. (I get urges to do different things with my hair quite often, gotta get those under control, lol.) My ends were feeling ratty….really crispy, uneven, damaged looking. I know that those are side effects from the bad dye job I recently had, and my plan was to hold out and spruce up my ends after my relaxer coming up.  Unfortunately, my urge won and I went into the bathroom and snipped, snipped, and snipped some more. My hair feels a lot better! It is more even, though not completely even because I am still suffering from the short area in the nape of my head. Also, because I have a ton of new growth that was not straightened when I trimmed my hair, I am sure my trim will be slightly uneven after I relax my hair and all that new growth is straigtened. I’m okay with that. I will just clean it up ever so slightly with the scissors. Trimming your hair is good, especially if you have not done so in a long time. It gives you hair this “healthy” feeling. I’ll post again after my relaxer. Hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment